Quality Expansion Anchors
For use in medium duty to heavy duty applications, the expansion anchor is best when a bolt is subject to side pressure or vibration, or shear loads are present. These anchors are made to be used in masonry building material to provide holding strength through its expansion. Expansion anchors are placed into a hole, and using the threaded fastener the anchor is expanded into place.
Not all expansion anchors can be used in the same building materials. While some can be used in concrete, brick or block, others can only be used in concrete or stone. Not sure what materials your expansion anchor will work best in, ask us. At Allfasteners, we have decades of experience in just about every field of construction, so the advice you receive is first hand.
Inquiries about expansion anchors. Get in contact with us now for the best advice on All Things Fastening and more.
Dropin Anchor Installation Tips from the Experts at Allfasteners
For a dropin anchor to be installed correctly, a pre-drilled hole must be made. Then using a setting tool, the threaded fastener can be inserted allowing the anchor to expand into place. For more detailed instructions about installation of dropin anchors follow the steps below.
- Drill and clean a hole to the size specified by the products
- “Drop” the anchor, slotted end first, into the hole
- Using the correct size setting tool, insert the setting tool into the hole until it touches the top of the anchor. If the hole deeper, using a hammer to strike the setting tool into place may be required.
- Once set, insert the threaded rod or bolt into the anchor, maintaining its expansion.
Now the anchor has fully expanded and secured itself into the building material. When it comes to the tools required for properly installing expansion anchors, Allfasteners has you covered with a wide range of drill bits and hole cleaners always in stock.
Contact Us for More Information
You can shop online now, or if you have any pre-purchase inquiries about this product, you can speak to a representative on 800 577 3171 or via email. Speak to us today.
- Chemical Anchors
- Threaded Fasteners
- Drilling & Cutting
- Strut & Hangers
- Sealants Fillers & Adhesives
- Paint & Chemicals
- Tools & Equipment
- Tower Products
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Drywall Products